Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hello, I'm a Mac


Here is the link to the commercial that I am talking about. 
Everyone loves a witty commercial. In a series of ads by Apple Co. advertising their Mac desktops and laptops, they attempt to jokingly compare Macs and PCs through the two guys- the older, larger and more formally dressed gentleman is a representation of the PC and the younger, more modernly dressed and hip hairstyle guy represents the Mac. 
In a day an age where Americans are virtually slaves to their computers, choosing the right brand or model of computer is of utmost importance. 
But that's not to say that one would make a decision on what computer they are going to buy based on this superficial representation that only shows the actual computer for about three seconds at the end. The point of this ad is to poke fun at PCs and create a friendly rivalry where where Macs are against the traditional and apparently boring PCs. 
As an owner of a Mac myself, I wouldn't say that I chose the computer for all of the spiffy and fun things that it can do with iMovie as the ad exemplifies, but rather I feel it was a good purchase because of its dependability and limitation of viruses. 
Nonetheless, I find these commercials entirely entertaining and humorous. Poking a little fun at the "opposing side" was always an American pastime, satisfying our competitive spirits. 

No comments: