Thursday, May 8, 2008

Letter to a Soldier...

Dear Dad,
Well I don’t know where you are right now but I wait for you every afternoon beside the window. I can see your car in the driveway but it never leaves like it used to. I wonder where you went ‘cause you never throw me in the air anymore. You’re usually gone for a long time, but not this long. Where did you go? I am really confused, Dad. I can’t ask Mom because I don’t know how. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to come back.
I think Mom is sad. She doesn’t talk anymore, she has no one to talk to, except me, but I don’t think she likes talking to me because I can’t talk back. There are no other big people around. She has no time to play with me, Dad, she’s always in the kitchen doing something. Why don’t you come home and talk to her? I can’t be a good friend to her like you can. One time I saw her really sad, she was crying. I thought only I could cry, but because you weren’t there, weird things happened.
Well dad, I don’t know where you went because you don’t come home in the afternoon. Don’t you miss me? I think you should come home really soon because I am growing everyday, I can almost walk now, Dad! You are going to miss it if you don’t come home. I’ll be waiting at the window still so please hurry up.
Love,
Sarah

No comments: